Sunday, March 28, 2010

Everyone knows that kids grow like weeds

But did you know their shirts can too?!



This was a cute little Le Top dragonfly tee that was given to Sienna when she was 9 months. Unfortunately, my long-torso-mini-me didn't end up wearing it too often, because it was always a tad short on her. Have no fear, nothing goes to waste at our house! This little tee lived in our hand-me-down tub until a few days ago when I came across this adorable green polka dot fabric... It's funny how things are just meant to be even with fabric and abandoned kid's clothes!

You're probably thinking that it's a day late and a dollar short since my daughter is now 2 years old, the dragonfly shirt is for an infant and I started this by saying that kids grow like weeds, so something doesn't work here!




That was what I thought at first until I re-discovered the shirt's super wide neck line that I was able to open up just a tinsy bit more, which was plenty to fit over her head and shoulders. 9 month into a 24 month tee!! I LOVE IT!



The shirt was still short, which is where I got to use my new fabric to add extra length on the bottom. I also wanted a little more width, so I lightly ruffled the top of the fabric piece before sewing it to the tee. This created a nice flair without dominating and already busy shirt. Last, but certainly not least, I added a simple little birdie applique to tie it all in!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you displayed the short. Really cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    Love what you have done with the le top tee!!! Its super nice when great quality (ok i am little partial since I work for them)clothing can be extended for the same child and not just passed down!!! Way to make that cute tee even cuter!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails